I suggest you ...

Develop a Windows Phone 8 version

I've heard that porting from Windows 8 to Windows Phone 8 can be done fairly quickly.

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Porting from WinRT to iOS, Android. etc can also be done quickly?

• Byron commented  · 

The 8.1 version works fine on my laptop and tablet but I can't find a method to open a URL on the Win Phone 8 version. The 7Pass app has that function. I am only able to edit the Entry. I am using a Samsung ATIV S phone.

Please advise,
        Byron

• Keith Woolf commented  · 

Very happy with the Win 8.1 version; truly 'touch friendly' as well as fine with keyboard on a convertible tablet/laptop. Trying the Win Phone 8 version to replace the 7Pass client, thinking that it would be much easier if Win 8.1 and Phone 8 had similar interface. However disappointed with Phone 8 version so far... whereas 7Pass selects the whole field ready for Copy/Paste; on MetroPass only a section of longer fields is selected initially and I have to pull the limit markers out to select the whole field. Ideal for me would be URL, UserName, and Password selected by an Icon as per the Win 8.1 version; may be not possible with small phone screen? Hope you can tweak the above for us.

• AdminJimmy Byrd (Admin, MetroPass) commented  · 

@Jan G Yeah, I wanted to release an initial version so people could start using it. This is one of the next features to be released.

• AdminJimmy Byrd (Admin, MetroPass) commented  · 

@Joe Open keepass and create the demo file. Download this to explore the filesystem of your phone: http://isostorespy.codeplex.com/releases/view/106789. If you look at the file structure, there will be a folder called Databases. In it, create another folder and put your database in there. Download the info.info file from the demo folder and replace the name of the file with yours. Then upload the file to the new folder you created for your database.

• Jan G commented  · 

Not so useful if you can't remove items or save/sync updated database to Skydrive. Is that in the next version?

• Joe commented  · 

Purchased and it looks like DropBox and MS SkyDrive (or whatever it will be called going forward) are currently supported. Is there a way to load a .kdbx file if it is copied directly from a PC to the phone via a USB cable? I use KeePass so I can keep my passwords out of the cloud, there are plenty of more convenient alternatives if I wanted them there. If not I'll be requesting a refund. Thanks, Joe

• Jan G commented  · 

Sync with SkyDrive is a must!

• David commented  · 

Installed and gave it a 5 star review, encourage others to download. Unofficial RC beta testing. ;)

Copy and paste is fine for passwords but difficult with user names, needs to auto select the entire field.

Add a ***** feature to hide or show the password.

Not sure how the save function works.

Include function that allows clicking on the URL: link, opens browser. Also add feature to auto paste user name and password directly form browser. Remove the need to copy/paste and switch between apps, when going to a web site and entering credentials.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is also critical for me. Especially support for key files as I store the db in the cloud. Now have to keep my tablet close by at all times after switching to WP8.

• Mike. commented  · 

I use KeePass on my Android phone at the moment. Got a Windows 8 Phone ready to be used, and eagerly awaiting for Metro Pass to become available on Windows 8 Phone, so that I can start using it, as this application is very critical to me.

• Alice Parker commented  · 

My laptop is my primary device which I would like to be able to sync with my RT and Windows 8 phone.

• David commented  · 

I will purchase right away. Sync with SkyDrive, if you can.

Feedback and Knowledge Base